Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (phones, routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install, upgrade, and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local (wired and wireless) networks in ways that optimize performance
- Conduct or instruct reactive and preventive maintenance service on the hardware.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Manage the Wi-Fi network and access points
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Maintain and manage the IT inventory
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Contact the telecommunication provider as needed
- Able to troubleshoot the Access Control and CCTV hardware and software
- Coordinate with the Access Control and CCTV SLA vendors
Note: The responsibilities will include the above but not limited to it.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Stay updated on hardware and software he is dealing with.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience executing the tasks mentioned in the above-mentioned responsibilities.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a sole IT Technician in an organisation