Associate Lead Programmer (Mobile Gaming)
- Feb 18,2019
- United Arab Emirates,Abu Dhabi
- REF KS ALP AUH
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
- Lead the team and Mentor and develop team members.
- Ensuring task management for the team and meeting deadlines.
- Previous leadership experience over managing team of 3-4 programmers.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
- Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
- Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
- Should have very thorough understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model / MVC pattern.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Should possess understanding of backend systems, bottlenecks, performance, scaling and optimization.
- Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP and knowledge in various backend technologies like PHP, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C) would be preferred.
- Have basic understanding of large-scale databases, NoSQL solutions and knowledge on caching solutions like Memcache, Redis, etc. and various caching techniques.
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
- A passion for creating or playing games and team player.
- Minimum 7 years of programming experience in games.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent.
*The role is based in Abu Dhabi and any candidates based outside of the UAE would require relocation to the UAE
*A very competitive remuneration package on offer
*A very comprehensive relocation package will be provided to international hires (extendable to dependents)
APPLY Back to Jobs